Your BMI project team is led by a project manager and includes your account representative and a system engineer. The project team then works together to create the project file that describes:
- Project milestones and the criteria to be used to measure success
- Hardware specifications and software applications
- Custom integration and development if required
- Training plan
Equipment and Software Inspection at BMI's Facility
Hardware and software components are configured and tested by the system engineer assigned to the project at a BMI facility. Any software or hardware issues are resolved prior to installation on your network.
On-Site Installation & System Review
A typical on-site installation includes:
- Installation and testing of servers, scanners, application creation, creation of user and groups for testing and storage installation
- Import of all digitally converted documents (if on BMI-provided storage)
- Installation and testing of desktop software
Before we hand over the reigns, you'll know your system works and that your administrator(s) and end users are properly trained by BMI technical and application professionals. Ultimately, BMI customizes its training to ensure they meet your needs.
|Administration & End User Training |
- Power User Class: taught on-site for a full-day with a maximum of 3 students; end users learn all aspects of input, retrieval (via web and workstation) and receive in-depth training of all available features, toolbar buttons, menu command and configuration options.
- Input Class: taught on-site for a half day with a maximum of 3 students per session; end users learn all aspects of batch scanning and indexing (automated and manual).
- Retrieval Class: taught on-site for 1.5 - 2 hours with a maximum of 6 students per session; end users learn how to search, view and print documents
When training is complete, the BMI project manager interviews your project lead and end users to uncover any unresolved issues and to survey generally what additional training or application modifications might be desired.
Transition to Support Mode
Following the resolution of any outstanding issues relating to administration and end user training, you are given a toll-free number and access to the BMI help desk and support team.